Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes
Not me! give it to me anyday!
Whats even better?
This in a cupcake!
With Chocolate, Peanut butter and Coffee all in 1, there is nothing more you can ask for! What it has is a chocolate cake with a hint of coffee, a peanut butter filling topped with a peanut butter buttercream, decorated with finely chopped milk chocolate (I used kit-kat cause the weather in singapore did not allow me to chop my milk chocolate!) and a portion of Reese’s peanut butter cup. So Yummy!
Got this recipe from Cupcake Jemma, my favourite cupcake person to watch on youtube. Love her videos, love her inventions, love her bakes. So yummy!
Click the link to watch her video https://youtu.be/UrniAXHIE7g
But the best thing about cupcake Jemma, you can trust in her recipes 🙂 All I did was reduce the sugar.
** Take note! you can’t reduce too much sugar/icing sugar as it would affect the texture of the cake/ your buttercream might be runny.**
To me, this is not a hard cupcake, but a lot of effort goes into making it. It’s not just cupcake and icing, but there is cupcake, filling, icing and decorations! I thoroughly loved the experience trying out this cupcake. Believe it or not, its the first time I ever cut a cupcake to put a filling in! I went round looking for an apple corer but to no avail, so I settled with using a knife, and with the buttercream covering it, no one will notice x)
So here’s what I did!
Chocolate Peanut Buttercup Cupcakes PDF Recipe –> ChocoPeanutButtercupCupcakeRecipe
Prepare your ingredients:
For the cupcake
– 140g Plain Flour
– 150g caster sugar
– 30g cocoa powder
– 40g chocolate chips
– 1/2 tsp baking soda
– 1/4 tsp salt
– 125g buttermilk
– 120ml cold coffee
– 100ml vegetable oil
– 1 large egg
Pre-heat oven to 15odegC
Prepare 2 bowls: 1 for dry ingredients, 1 for wet ingredients.
1. Dry ingredients: Sift flour and cocoa powder and mix with the other dry ingredients ( sugar, chocolate chips, baking soda, and salt). Whisk together till well mixed
2. Wet ingredients (buttermilk, coffee, vegetable oil, egg): Pour wet ingredients into a seperate bowl and whisk together till evenly combined.
3. Mix Dry ingredients into wet ingredients and Whisk together till evenly combined.
4. Line cupcake tin with cupcake liners and fill it till 3/4 full.
5. Bake in the oven at 150degC for 20-22 mins or until skewer comes out clean when you poke it in the middle.
Peanut Butter filling
– 125g peanut butter
– 100g icing sugar
– 30g butter
– pinch of salt
1. Blend together all the ingredients using a food processor or a hand blender until it clumps together
2. Use your hands to form it into a ball
– 150g unsalted butter
– 80g peanut butter (creamy)
– 250g icing sugar
– 3 tbsp milk
1. Beat butter until it becomes smooth and creamy
2. Add Peanut butter and continue to mix until evenly combined.
3. Add Icing sugar and beat mixture on low speed
4. Add milk 1 tbsp at a time. Make sure the mixture does not become runny.
Putting the cupcake together
Additional decorations needed:
– Crushed or Finely chopped Kit Kat/ chocolate wafers (actually, anything you want!)
– Reese’s Peanut butter cups ( If you get the big ones, cut into quarters. Small ones cut into half)
1. Using a knife, insert it into a cooled cupcake at an angle, halfway between the center and the outside edge. cut out a small circular cone of cake.If you have an
apple corer, it will come in handy!
2. Fill the cupcake with the Peanut butter filling
3. using a spoon, top the cupcakes with the Peanutbutter buttercream
4. Roll the cupcakes on the crushed chocolate wafers to decorate the sides.
5. Top the cupcake with a Reese’s Peanut butter cup!
And there you have it! A Peanut butter cup cupcake!
” Do your best in everything you do, enjoy them, and add little surprises along the way.”
Bake it, Eat it, Enjoy it!
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes