Lemon Cake Recipe
When life gives you lemon, make a Lemon cake!
So I rushed home after work the other day, hoping to take a slight nap before leaving the house again in 2 hours for a gathering.
The moment I stepped through the door, my hands took control- it went scavenging through the kitchen cupboards, the drawers where I store all my baking stuff to finding something, ANYTHING! to pop into the oven. And…… I opened the fruit compartment of the refrigerator… LEMONSSS – 2 of those!
I ran to my ipad and googled: Lemon cake recipe.
Clicked on one of the links and started squeezing the lemons to see if I had enough lemon juice for the recipe. phew! Just the right amount!
So here’s the recipe I modified!
Feel free to download/Print/Share it! : LemonCakeRecipePDF
– Juice from 2 Lemons
– 1/4 tsp lemon zest (optional)
– 110g butter, melted
– 125g sugar
– 2 eggs, beaten
– 1/4 tsp salt
– 180g flour
– 1 tsp baking power
– 1/2 cup milk (120ml)
1. Squeeze the juice out of 2 lemons
2. Mix the sugar and melted butter together
3. Add in eggs, 1 table spoon of lemon juice and lemon zest
4. Sift in dry ingredients and mix well
5. Add in the milk
6. Pour into greased loaf pan and bake at 160degC for 55-60 mins or until it becomes golden brown.
1. Mix 30g of Sugar into the remaining lemon juice.
2. When the cake is ready and out of the oven, poke the cake with wooden skewers
3. Drizzle/ spread the lemon juice over the cake. ( You don’t need to use all of the lemon juice)
4. Sprinkle some course sugar on the top! Enjoy it either warm or cool.
” When life gives you lemons, make something fresh”
try the lemon cake recipe 🙂