Oreo Cupcake Recipe
Is there such a thing as too much OREOS ?
I doubt so! And I’m gonna use Oreo Cupcakes to prove it!
Won’t you agree with me that Oreos are one of the best sandwich cookies ever invented? It’s such a versatile cookie. You can put it in almost everything – cakes, milk shakes, ice-cream, toppings, puddings … and the list goes on and on!
And… everyone loves it.
And so, this is one of my most made cupcakes!
A triple oreo treat! Count it!
1. Oreo at the bottom
2. Oreo in the buttercream
3. Oreo on top!
Make it in a smaller cupcake case, using the mini oreos and its a Perfect cupcake for children! Just remember to reduce the baking time!
Smaller cupcake = faster baking
So here you go! THE OREO CUPCAKE RECIPE !!! OreoCupcakesPDF (You can save it, download it, print it. MAKE SURE YOU TRY IT!)
You can use whole oreos as mentioned above! But for me, I split the oreos into 2.
Place the biscult with the cream at the bottom and keep the biscult without the cream for the top of the frosting!
1. The cupcake
2. The frosting
– 85g Self Raising Flour
– 25g Horlicks
– 15g cocoa powder
– 1/4 tsp Baking soda
– pinch of salt
– 100g caster sugar
– 135g unsalted butter (room temperature)
– 2 large eggs
– 1 1/2 tbsp milk
– 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
– 12 oreos (split into 2 parts)
1. Sift together your flour, horlicks, cocoa powder, Baking Soda and salt into a mixing bowl and whisk it to mix the dry ingredients
2. Using a hand mixer / standing mixer, cream the butter and sugar together until it becomes light and fluffy
3. Turning down to low speed, add in eggs one at a time and vanilla extract.
4. Add in dry ingredients (3 parts) and milk (2 parts) alternately. –> So its (flour, milk, flour, milk, flour)
5. Mix until everything is combined.
6. Place cupcake liners into a cupcake tin, Seperate the Oreos and put it at the bottom with the cream side facing up.
7. Distribute the batter evenly, filling the cupcake liners to about 3/4 full.
8. Bake at 170degC for 20-22mins, or until you insert a wooden skewer and it comes out clean.
** You can get mini Oreos to make mini cupcakes for the little ones! **
– 150g butter (room temperature)
– 250g Icing sugar (sifted)
– 2 tbsp milk
– 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
– 6 oreos
1. Crush Oreos until fine. (I use a food processor, but you can put them in a ziploc bag and crush it with a rolling pin) Make sure its fine enough for piping
2. Beat the butter in your mixer till it becomes pale
3. Add in half of the icing sugar and beat till well combined before adding remaining icing sugar.
4. On low speed, add in milk and vanilla extract.
5. Turn off mixer and stir in oreos
6. Transfer into a piping bag with your favourite piping tip. Pipe the buttercream over cooled cupcakes and place the oreos (which you have seperated before to add under your cupcakes) on top of the buttercream.
” Today will never be the same as yesterday – because I am better than what I was yesterday.”
Oreos @ The Untitled Space
Try out this Oreo Cupcake Recipe today!