Oven Baked Chicken With Corn Flakes
Do you have cravings for fried chicken? That tasty crispy skin with the juicy tender meat?
I’m hungry just typing that out!
But that’s just short-lived. The guilt of eating that fried chicken comes in almost immediately, exclaiming, “NO MORE FRIED FOOD FOR THE ENTIRE WEEK!”
While, at least that happens to me. Until I heard from Michelle (my baking partner in crime) about some cereal chicken that although baked in the oven, taste like fried chicken! Michelle has a no frying rule in her kitchen. Kudos to healthy eating!
My first thought was ” you gotta be joking with me!” and kept that thought somewhere hidden in my head. 2 Weeks later, that Cereal Chicken came to mind when I was at Giant Supermarket thinking of what to cook for dinner. It was an impromptu decision to make dinner so I did not think of it before hand. I searched online on my tiny hand phone, grabbed 3 pieces of chicken breast and headed home to try it out.
A little shout out to my brother and boyfriend for having faith in me and being willing to try something I was cooking for the first time.
IT WAS DELICIOUS! It’s so easy to make and no guilt after eating it.
It’s so versatile, you can season it with just salt and pepper or with your favourite seasoning! I added Italian Herbs the second time I made this. You can even do it on Salmon and other kinds of fish! I’ll be trying this same recipe for calamari and prawns soon 🙂
I won’t hold it back any longer, here is the Printable PDF Recipe:
Oven baked Chicken with Corn flakes Recipe
For this, I used chicken breast meat, but you can use any part of the chicken you want.
Preheat the oven to 180degC
– 3 Chicken Breast Meat
– 2 Eggs
– 60ml milk
– 2 1/2 – 3 cups Cornflakes
– 30g butter, melted
– Black Pepper
– Italian herbs or your favourite seasoning (optional)
– Parmesan Cheese (optional)
- Line a Baking pan with baking sheet
- Crush Cornflakes and mix in salt and pepper according to your own preference – about 3/4 tsp salt and 1/2 tsp pepper (I usually add more pepper). Italian herbs, Parmesan cheese or your favorite seasoning can be added here too!
1. Mix Egg with milk
2. Season Chicken with salt and pepper
3. Place Chicken meat into egg mixture for a few minute or up to a few hours.
4. Transfer chicken cornflakes bowl and coat the chicken with the crushed cornflakes
5. Transfer to baking pan & drizzle the melted butter over the chicken
6. Bake in the oven for 45 minute or until golden brown.
SO EASY! IT’S DONE. ENJOY YOUR CHICKEN SERVED WITH A SIDE OF FRESH GREENS AND POTATOES 🙂
“You don’t have to cook fancy or complicated masterpieces – just good food from fresh ingredients.”
Michelle!! If you read this, share with us your Oven Baked Chicken With Corn Flakes Recipe too!